- Climate monitoring
- Partnership Area
The vast majority of observational data is accurate but the database contains some incorrect values, which show up from time to time. Environment Canada continues to review quality control procedures, both as current data is observed and incorporated into the database, and retrospectively for historical data. Be aware that data can be erroneous and that some values may change over time as quality control procedures identify and deal with doubtful data.
Environment Canada does not warrant the quality, accuracy, or completeness of any information, data or product from these web pages. It is provided "AS IS" without warranty or condition of any nature. Environment Canada disclaims all other warranties, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, with respect to the information, data, product or accompanying materials retrieved from this web site.
Copyright/Permission to Reproduce
Materials on this Web site have been produced and/or compiled by Environment Canada for the purpose of providing Canadians with direct access to information about the programs and services offered by the Government of Canada (GoC).
Much of the material on this site is covered by the
Third party site - Copyright
Act, by Canadian laws, policies, regulations and by international
agreements. Such copyright serves to identify the information source and,
in specific instances, to prohibit reproduction of materials without written
Information on this site has been posted with the intent that it be readily available for personal and public non-commercial use. Unless otherwise noted by the application of the copyright symbol (Environment Canada, Date), materials on this site may be reproduced, in part or in whole and by any means, without charge or further permission from Environment Canada.
We only ask that:
- Users exercise due diligence in ensuring the accuracy of the materials reproduced;
- Environment Canada be identified as the source department; and,
- The reproduction is not represented as an official version of the materials reproduced, nor as having been made in affiliation with or with the endorsement of Environment Canada.
Reproduction of multiple copies of materials on this site, in whole or in part, for the purposes of commercial redistribution is prohibited except with written permission from the GoC copyright administrator, Public Works and Government Services Canada (PWGSC). Through the permission granting process, PWGSC helps ensure individuals/organizations wishing to reproduce GoC materials for commercial purposes have access to the most accurate, up-to-date versions.
To obtain permission to reproduce materials on this site for commercial purposes, please contact:
Crown Copyright and Licensing
Public Works & Government Services Canada
Tel.: (613) 990-2210 Fax: (613) 998-1450
Some of the materials and graphical elements found on GoC Web sites are subject to copyrights held by other organizations. This is particularly true of sites that are jointly operated by a GoC institution and an external organization, as part of a collaborative agreement. In such cases, some restrictions on the reproduction of materials or graphical elements may apply; it may be necessary to seek permission from the author or copyright holder prior to reproduction.
To obtain information concerning copyright ownership and restrictions on reproduction on this site, please contact:
Minister of the Environment
FAX: (819) 953-2225
- The GoC does not automatically gather any personal information from you, such as your name, phone number, e-mail or street address during your visit to its Web sites. This information is only obtained if you supply it voluntarily, usually through contacting us via e-mail, or registering in a secure portion of the site.
- All personal information you do provide is protected under the federal Privacy Act. This means that, at the point of collection, you will be informed that your personal information is being collected, the purpose for which it is being collected and that you have a right of access to the information.
- Some institutions within the GoC use software that receives and records the Internet Protocol (IP) addresses of computers that have connected with their Web sites. In such instances, institutions make no attempt to link these addresses with the identity of individuals visiting GoC
- The GoC does not regularly use "cookies" to track how visitors use the Web sites of individual institutions. Whenever we enable "cookies" to facilitate your transactions, we will first inform you. (Note: Cookies are files that a Web site can place on your hard drive, without your knowledge, to monitor your use of that site.)
- Visitor information is not disclosed to anyone except GoC personnel who need the information, e.g., to respond to a request. The information you give us will be shared with another government department ONLY if your inquiry relates to that department. We do not use the information to create individual profiles, nor do we disclose this information to anyone outside the federal government.
- Environment Canada is a participant in the GoC Public Key Infrastructure (PKI), which gives you the opportunity to communicate with the Department in a confidential manner.
Questions or comments regarding this policy, or the administration of the Privacy Act in Environment Canada may be directed to Shelley Emmerson, Manager, Access to Information and Privacy by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (819) 997-4552. If you are not satisfied that we have adequately respected your privacy, you may wish to contact the Office of the Privacy Commissioner by calling 1-800-267-0441 or via the Internet at Third pardy site - www.privcom.gc.ca
Environment Canada respects the Official Languages Act and relevant Treasury Board policies, and is committed to ensuring all information on this site is available in both French and English. However, users should be aware that some information from external sources is available only in the language in which it was provided.
Links to Sites External to Environment Canada
Links to sites external to Environment Canada (EC) are provided as a convenience and their inclusion in no way implies that Environment Canada endorses or accepts any responsibility for the content or use of these sites. As the organizations that maintain these sites may not be subject to the Official Languages Act, information found on these sites may be presented only in the language in which it was written.